Tips for Getting Active after the Winter Slump
As the weather starts to warm up, it’s time to say goodbye to hibernation mode and hello to an active lifestyle! Winter can often make it difficult to stay motivated and get active, but now is the perfect time to start fresh and try something new. One great option to consider is attending more Twisted Cycle group fitness classes. Here are some tips to help you get started and make the most of your experience:
- Start Slow: If you’ve been inactive during the winter months, it’s important to start slow and gradually increase your intensity level. Twisted Cycle offers a system for all fitness levels, so when you come in, you can customize the intensity of your workout. All of our exercises offer modifications for any injury or ability level as well. Our level 3 options offer a harder choose for the people that want to up the intensity! Do what you are capable of!
- Set Realistic Goals: Set realistic goals for yourself when it comes to attending classes. Maybe your goal is to attend two classes a week, or to try a level up option in your workouts every week. Having goals can help keep you motivated and on track. Some of our studios also have an Inbody Scan option, be sure to utilize this to track your progress.
- Find a Buddy: Find a friend who shares your fitness goals and attend classes together. Having someone to hold you accountable and keep you motivated can make a huge difference. Bring your friends too! We have referral discounts for any member that brings a friend so talk to your studio
- Dress for Success: Make sure you dress appropriately for your Twisted Cycle class. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes that are appropriate for cycling. You may also want to bring a towel and water bottle to stay hydrated during class.
- Embrace the Music: Twisted Cycle classes are known for their upbeat music that helps keep you motivated and energized. Don’t be afraid to sing along or even request your favorite songs to be played during class.
- Listen to Your Body: It’s important to listen to your body during class and not push yourself too hard. If you need to take a break or slow down, do so. Remember, it’s not a competition, and everyone’s fitness journey is unique.
- Have Fun: Most importantly, have fun! Twisted Cycle classes are designed to be enjoyable and help you reach your fitness goals. So, enjoy the music, the energy, and the people around you.
Getting active after winter can be challenging, but attending Twisted Cycle group fitness classes can make it easier and more enjoyable. With these tips in mind, you’ll be well on your way to a healthy and active lifestyle.